WELCOME FROM HAYWOOD STREET:
We have not yet filled the Community Resident position for the June 2021 – May 2022 program year and are inviting young people seeking a transformative gap year experience to consider applying. Learn more about the Community Resident opportunity and other current employment opportunities with Haywood Street Congregation HERE.
Our Amazon Wishlist has been updated! These items go directly to our unhoused Friends and those healing at Respite.
2. UPDATE: The clothing closet donation bin will be unlocked every Monday-Wednesday, 9:00-3:00. Please contact Hannah if you need to arrange an alternate day & time to drop off seasonal items.
3. Easter Sunday: we will have and outdoor worship service at 11:00 on Sunday, April 4. Please mask up and join us if you’re able!
4. Corporate sponsors help make our events successful and support Haywood St. programs all year long. Please join us in thanking sponsors who are supporting this year’s planned events, including the first annual “Miss Mary’s Meatloaf Dinner”. Click here to learn more and identify sponsors that have signed on to-date.
A note from Hannah —
“I know we are all so eager to get back and I am so excited to begin to rebuild with each of you. I am asking for folks to pick a day for the inside opportunities at this point to allow more companions the opportunity to return. Please consider this as you begin to make your way back. The opportunity for fellowship and presence is ALWAYS open, you just may not have a formal ‘job’.”
– Saturday Breakfast Prep will return on April 3
– Easter, April 4, Sunday companions are needed for the DWT’s return to the parking lot.
– Beginning Tuesday, April 6 we will begin clothing closet prep again 9 – 12
Haywood Street Gardens: If you are interested in being on the garden correspondence each week please let Hannah know. Our first garden opportunities are as follows.
9 AM – 12 PM Thursday, April 1 – Grounds clean up and maintenance in preparation for Easter
9 AM – 12 PM – Monday, April 5 – Campus and property clean up
9 AM – 12 PM – Tuesday, April 6 – Garden/Property Maintenance
9 AM – 12 PM – Wednesday, April 7 – 1st official Garden workday
A HAYWOOD STREET REFLECTION:
With over 269 pounds of prime rib served and hundreds of vaccines administered, this Wednesday felt like a Haywood Street reflection in and of itself. Click here for a less-than-a-minute, video snapshot of the day!