WELCOME FROM HAYWOOD STREET:
We wish to thank the TD Charitable Foundation for their generous support this year of our core programs, Haywood Street Respite and the Downtown Welcome Table. TD Charitable Foundation is the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank.
You can click HERE to easily submit the name of a loved one lost to overdose. These names will be read aloud during the virtual meeting, hosted by WNCAP, on August 30th.
The Golf for Awareness planning team has been hard at work designing an event that you will enjoy and can feel good about knowing that you are helping to sustain the Downtown Welcome Table and Haywood Street Respite, both of which are carrying on in significant ways through COVID-19.
We are grateful to Presenting Sponsor Wicked Weed Brewing and supporting sponsors AVL Technologies, Brooks Engineering Associates, High Five Coffee, First Citizens Bank, Hedrick Industries / Grove Stone & Sand, Keller Williams – The Allen Team, Dr. Mark Knollman DDS, Zaxby’s and many other Friends of the Golf for Awareness.
Can’t play this year but want to lend your support?
We’ve got another great reason for you to follow Haywood Street on Instagram and Facebook! Every other Sunday, join us on a virtual “campus walkabout” and see what’s going on around the home of Holy Chaos! View this week’s here.
1. The clothing closet has received so many donations, we’re currently out of space! We’ll begin accepting new donations September 1.
2. Grammy award winning band, Steep Canyon Rangers, and Wicked Weed Brewing have partnered on a incredible Haywood Street fundraiser. Click here to learn more!
3. You are invited to spend time in the sanctuary in front of the Fresco on Tuesdays from 10:00-12:00, by appointment, beginning August 11. All safety protocols will be followed including limiting the number of people inside at any given time, and masks required. Restrooms and other parts of the church building will not be accessible. This will be a quiet time of prayer and meditation. To reserve a 20 minute time slot, email April.
4. “Going Overboard” — sermon by Rev. Brian Combs, August 2020
5. “In Gratitude” — sermon by Father Mike, 8/19/2020
CURRENT WAYS TO SUPPORT THE MINISTRY & OUR FRIENDS:
1. Make a meal for Friends staying in Respite. Click here to sign up!
A HAYWOOD STREET SONG BY: ERIC & JUSTIN
We recently learned that Justin (also known as “patches” & pictured right) passed away. This video was captured on a Sunday morning in May of this year. We give thanks for the life of this Haywood Street Friend and the gift of music he shared with our community. Click here.