WELCOME FROM HAYWOOD STREET:
This year we will again be cooking and slicing dozens of turkeys and hams to prepare holiday meals infused with love and shared with our community. For the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year Day feasts, we anticipate serving 295 pounds of fresh-cooked turkey and 365 pounds of spiral sliced hams. The menus for these feasts are designed around traditional holiday favorites and our hope is for folks to feel as though they are joining with family for a celebratory meal.
For the quickly approaching holidays, Haywood Street will be serving 50 Butterball turkeys (at the estimated cost of $1,495) and 100 Smithfield hams (at an estimated cost of $2,880) along with sides and desserts for a total cost around $6,100.
Would you like to help make this possible with a financial contribution in support of these meals?
This article is available here.
There’s been a flurry of developments regarding Haywood Street housing! Visit our Transparency Tracker to often to access updates!
2. We are now accepting clothing closet donations 10-12 on BOTH Tuesdays and Thursdays.
3. Outdoor Bible study with Pastor Jody: Sundays @ 11:15
4. Haywood Street’s Community Residency program is designed to equip mission-minded individuals for effective and transformative ministry WITH the poor. Learn more about this position and apply here!
5. Employment Opening: Program Director, Haywood Street Respite. Learn more and apply here!
1. Sign up to provide a meal for Respite here
2. Click to access this week’s Companion Newsletter!
3. Urgent need: someone who is able to help with linen exchange between Respite and Mission Hospital on Thursdays.
A LETTER OF SUPPORT FROM: THE RACIAL JUSTICE COALITION